The Gold Standard is a voluntary code of good practice for safeguarded and defined benefit pension transfer advice, based around a set of principles. The Pension Transfer Gold Standard helps clients better understand what good advice looks like and where they can find it.
The nine principles
- Helping clients understand when advice is appropriate.
- Ensuring advice given supports the client’s overall wellbeing in the context of their stated objectives.
- Ensuring client understanding and acceptance of all charges.
- Ensuring the most appropriate and updated technical skills are applied.
- Transparent management of Conflicts of Interest.
- Helping clients understanding the cost of transferring benefits.
- Avoiding unregulated investments and introducers*
- Transparency in advice processes and outcomes.
- Promoting the Consumer Guide to the Pension Transfer Gold Standard.
*Principle 7 – reference to ‘non mainstream pooled investments and unregulated collective investment products’ within the Practitioner Guide does not apply to cash, or near cash investments held as part of a normal asset allocation. Reference to ‘unregulated introducers’ relates only to those that have a commercial interest or involvement with unregulated investments, thereby avoiding any undue influence in respect of the eventual investment strategy or fund used.
If you are looking for honest and professional advice in this highly technical & skilled area, then please get in touch with us for a meeting. The cost of which is met by us.